Vacancy AnnouncementVacancy No.: VA302/2011
Job Title: Internal Auditor, Office of the Director-General
Report to : Head, Internal Audit Unit
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific tasks will include:
Under the supervision of the Head, Internal Audit unit, the Internal Auditor:
- Reviews and appraises the financial procedures, controls and records of OFID to ensure compliance with institutional rules and regulations.
- Conducts program audits of OFID projects using outside technical specialists if necessary, and provides written reports on findings.
- Ensures that the internal and external financial statements present a true and fair view of the financial status of the institution.
- Verifies that operating expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets.
- Provides opinions on improving management and financial practices to achieve greater institutional efficiencies or productivity.
- Coordinates and facilitates the work of the external auditors.
- Performs other duties as may be requested by the Director-General or the Governing Body of OFID.
- Advanced university degree in finance, economics or related disciplines.
- The applicant should be a member of an internationally recognized professional accounting body, e.g. CPA, ACA, ACCA.
- At least seven years of professional experience in the area of international public accounting, corporate accounting and / or internal auditing experience in a financial institution.
- Established excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills in English.
- Working knowledge of either Arabic, French or Spanish will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate with experience of auditing computerized accounting systems, familiarity with financial software programs.
- Ability to work with people of different nationality and cultural backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills.