The Violence against Women Prevention Department at Raising Voices develops methodologies for effective community mobilization, provides technical assistance, coordinates the GBV Prevention Network and advocates for increased interest and investment in VAW prevention. We are seeking a dynamic, experienced individual to manage the VAW Prevention Department. This full time position will be based in Kampala, Uganda.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support to VAW prevention staff.
- Oversee all programs and activities of the VAW prevention department.
- Contribute to the development of strategic directions for the VAW prevention department.
- Facilitate trainings and mentor staff to produce quality work.
- Provide onsite technical support to regional and global partners.
- Represent Raising Voices at national, regional and international events.
- Support administrative, documentation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Oversee the preparation of budgets and financial reporting for the VAW prevention department.
- Participate within the management team at Raising Voices.
- Maintain constructive and respectful relationships with all partners and stakeholders.
- Foster and sustain a positive, innovative, results-oriented work environment.
- At least 7 years relevant work experience with at least 5 years in management.
- Excellent writing skills.
- MA degree or relevant experience.
- Experience working in the Global South (Africa preferred).
- Proven commitment to VAW prevention and community mobilization.
- Experience in/familiarity with Raising Voices methodologies a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel 35% of time.
- Excellent computer skills.
Competitive salary based on pay scale approved by Raising Voices Board of Directors.
Submit thoughtful cover letter, CV, and a one page writing sample that describes how you would foster and sustain a positive, innovative, results-oriented work environment to email@example.com with subject line: VAW Program Manager Application.
Rolling deadline until filled.Please follow Full Details link for further information.