International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, fosters sustainable economic growth in developing countries by financing private sector investment, mobilizing private capital in local and international financial markets, and providing advisory services to business and governments. Our purpose is to create opportunity for people to escape poverty and improve their lives in the areas where it s needed most. IFC in Indonesia aims to: (1) reduce the impact of climate change; (2) increase rural incomes; (3) promote sustainable urbanization. The achieve the objectives, IFC in Indonesia combines investment and advisory services to expand access to finance, extend the reach of infrastructure, strengthen commodity-based supply chain, support the creation of viable forest plantation on degraded lands, and improve the business environment. Investment Analysts work closely with IFC s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation s investment projects. Investment Analysts help identify and appraise new investments and assist Investment Officers in monitoring and supervising the existing portfolio of investments.
Duties and Accountabilities:Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements;
- Conduct industry and market research, and assist in IFC s business development efforts;
- Review company information and prepare internal reports based on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients;
- Create financial models;
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
- Establish and maintain client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
- Participate in investment negotiations; and
- Participate in the monitoring of existing investments in portfolio companies.
- Bachelor s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance;
- Minimum 2 years experience in a financial institution with a proven track record, preferably with financial sector experience;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, sound business judgment to identify issues, and present creative and practical solutions;
- Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
- Demonstrated teamwork skills;
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Excellent presentation skills; and
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia. All applications will be treated in strict confidence and ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls, faxes or letters will be accepted.