DynCorp International is a global government services provider in support of U.S. national security and foreign policy objectives, delivering support solutions for defense, diplomacy, and international development. DI operates major programs in logistics, platform support, contingency operations, and training and mentoring to reinforce security, community stability, and the rule of law.
Anti-Corruption Commission (KAK) Financial Investigations Advisor
The long term Anti-Corruption Commission (KAK) Investigations Advisor will provide daily technical assistance and skills transfer in on-the-job-training sessions to the Commission staff on criminal investigations with particular emphasis on investigation of economic crimes. Areas of focus include: investigation of economic crimes, financial analysis, economic evidence collection and analysis; responsibilities delegated by the Prosecutor General and National Police; search, inspection, surveillance techniques; record and document examination and analysis; and tasks such as freezing bank accounts and ordering the non-use of any assets in the possession, custody or control of a suspect under investigation.
- Responsible for advising and mentoring the Commissioner, his Deputies and line staff in the following:
- Building the Anti-Corruption Commission�s capacity to effectively investigate economic crimes and build linkages with other corruption fighting institutions.
- Development and implementation of policies and procedures as agreed by the Commission and other government counterparts.
- Training and mentoring of personnel in the Commission and other institutions in the skills of financial investigations.
- Assuring that all investigations are done in a fair, impartial manner.
- Maintaining an ongoing training program so that the Commissioner, his Deputies and line staff remain competent in their duties.
- Training and mentoring of personnel in other government institutions, non-government actors including civil society organizations, media, academia, and where possible, private sector.
- Establishing and/ or developing a rule of law as appropriate.
No direct reports
Knowledge & Skills:
- Expert financial investigation of economic crimes.
- Law enforcement experience in White Collar crimes and financial investigative techniques.
- Able to represent the Contractor in meetings with senior Mission, Embassy, and Government Officials.
- Excellent inquiry, data collection and analysis skills.
- Excellent reporting, writing and presentation skills.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of government, officers and field personnel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate and communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Law enforcement experience and experience with investigation of economic crimes required.
- International candidates for this position should have a minimum of 12 years experience managing or implementing anti-corruption activities, with emphasis on enforcement and investigation strongly preferred.
- Some research experience is preferred.
- Previous work experience managing or implementing donor-funded activities relating to control of corruption or good governance.
- Experience in developing Standard Operating Procedures for administrative and criminal investigations
- Bachelor�s degree in Public Administration, Criminal Justice or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Master�s Degree preferred.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs).
See job description and hiring manager.