UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Regional Development and Poverty Reduction, Conflict Prevention and Recovery and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of improving human development in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality and information and technology for development.
I. Organizational Context
The Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and Human Development (HD) cluster works to provide support to the Government to better implement MDG and HD initiatives, which include HIV/AIDs efforts.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager MDG and HD and guidance Head of PRU the Programme Officer is responsible to assists in analyzing trends related to his/her own area assigned; formulates, manages and evaluates project activities within his/her portfolio, and provides policy advice services. He or she is in charge of the financial management elements of the programme. The Programme Officer works in close collaboration with the operations team, programme staff and Government officials, multilateral and bilateral donors and civil society, ensuring successful UNDP programme implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of programme strategies,
- Support to the management of the CO programme within the specific cluster
- Support to programme and project managers in creation of strategic partnership and resource mobilization strategy for designated projects.
- Providing top quality support services to designated nationally implemented projects
- Providing regular support and quality assurance to designated projects within the portfolio
- Ensuring effective M&E implementation and timely reporting
- Producing and disseminating lesson learnt from designated projects and promote cross-project and cross-unit knowledge fertilization
- Promoting and maintaining effective relationship and interactions with partners and stakeholders
1. Ensure implementation of programme strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP; effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets (BSC).
- Establishment of the mechanisms to track use of RBM tools and maintenance of RBM database.
- Analysis and synthesis of proposals on the areas for support and interventions.
- Provision of inputs to elaboration of work plans
2. Effective support to programme and project managers in creation of strategic partnership and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy for designated projects as well as provision of top quality support services to designated nationally implemented projects, focusing on the achievement of the following results :
- Design and formulation of some parts of CO programme within the area of, translating UNDP's priorities into local interventions.
- Initiation of a project, presentation of the project to PAC, finalization of contribution agreement; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review. Programme Officer performs functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for POs and vouchers approval (if authorized by SM), participates in recruitment processes for projects.
- Application of conceptual models in support of programme design
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions. Participation in audit of NIM projects
- Preparation of inputs for reporting, including donor reporting
3. Promoting and maintaining effective relationship and interactions with partners and stakeholders focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
4. Providing top quality support services to designated nationally implemented projects and regular support as well as quality assurance to designated projects within the portfolio, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide supports and substantive guidance to programme team, experts, and consultants to perform their role under the programme/projects.
- Supports and coordinate to facilitate project implementation;
5. Ensuring effective M&E implementation and timely reporting, on achievement of the following results;
- Create a standard operating procedure, including monitoring and evaluation mechanism and quality standards of performance, to measure the achievement of project activities;
- Guiding and to ensure project monitoring and analysis, ensuring timely adjustments when needed
6. Producing and disseminating lesson learnt from designated projects and promote cross-project and cross-unit knowledge fertilization focusing on achievement of the following results
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of training for the programme / projects staff on programme issues.
- Professional growth through active learning.
- Provide capacity building and transfer of knowledge
III. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the success of country office programme on MDG and Human Development. In particular, the key results have an impact on the design, operation and programming of activities, creation of strategic partnerships as well as reaching resource mobilization targets.
IV. Competencies and Critical Success Factors
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Level 1.2: Preparing information for advocacy
Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP's mandate
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Level 1.2: Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
? Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
? Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
? Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
? Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
? Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Level 1.2: Enhancing processes or products
? Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
Level 1.2: Providing inputs to resource mobilization strategies
? Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual donors
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
? Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
? Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
? Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
? Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
? Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP's Goals
Level 1.2: Preparing information for global advocacy
? Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UNDP's goals for a variety of audiences
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships
? Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
? Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
? Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
? Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
? Self-development, initiative-taking
? Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
? Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
? Creating synergies through self-control
? Managing conflict
? Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
? Informed and transparent decision making
Willingness to complete Prince2 training and certification
Required Skills and Experience
V. Recruitment Qualifications
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, , Social Sciences or related field. Master's Degree will be preference.
Minimum 6 years for Bachelor Degree and 2 years for Master Degree of relevant experience at the national or international level in dealing with capacity building, poverty reduction initiative, civil service reform, public administration reform, etc.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Language Requirements: Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION . Click here to down load the form
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.