Cardno Emerging Markets, Belgium s.a. is currently looking for a Senior testing and conformity assessment Expert for the upcoming EU-funded “EU-Indonesia Trade Support Programme II”, aiming to facilitate a further integration of Indonesia into the international trade system.
The ideal candidate shall have:
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in Engineering, Biology or related natural science discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English is essential.
- Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, mobilisation and change management skills.
- Proven ability to develop solid partnerships with high level officials in order to achieve project results.
General professional experience
- At least 7 years of professional experience in the area of conformity assessment and testing.
- Experience in technical assistance projects in the area of conformity assessment and testing gained in developing countries, preferably in Asia.
- Previous experience on Quality Management System (ISO 9000) or Laboratory Management System (ISO 17025).
- Previous working experience in a well-known international technical laboratory would be an advantage.
- Relevant professional experience in Indonesia would be an added advantage.
- Access to a network of well-known international technical laboratories which could be interested in engaging in twining initiatives with Indonesian counterparts would be an added advantage.
Specific professional experience
- Knowledge of international guidelines and certification in technical laboratory management and testing practices.
- Experience in specific conformity assessment and testing procedures in the industrial sectors of focus (chemical, agri-business, textile, cellulose, material and technical products, ceramics, others to be defined) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge about industrial testing equipment would be an advantage.
The project is intended for a period of 48 months.
Candidates interested in this position should send their CV, highlighting experience relevant to the job description to Recruit.Brussels@CardnoEM.com with “Conformity expert/Indonesia TSP II” in the subject line.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Cardno Emerging Markets, Belgium S.A. is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets division, a global consulting business delivering effective development from offices in Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby and Washington DC, and project locations worldwide. As a Cardno Group company, Cardno has access to over 3,500 professionals, who have lived and worked in over 100 countries and speak more than 40 languages. Cardno provides professional services to create better communities across the globe through the planning, design and delivery of physical, economic and social infrastructure.
Please visit our website - www.cardno.com/emergingmarkets - to learn more about Cardno