FLAG International, LLC is seeking applications from senior level agribusiness development specialists for a long term Team Leader position under the Horticulture Cooperative Development project in the Kabul region of Afghanistan. This project focuses on increasing horticultural production in Afghanistan by creating and building the capacity of horticulture cooperatives.
The Consultant will have the following duties:
• Assume leadership and responsibility for the overall program management;
• Guide the creation of cooperatives, building their capacity, training and creating business plans for them;
• Work with cooperatives to increase the quality of agricultural production;
• Participate in design and implementation of training activities for cooperatives management and members including training of trainers;
• Design projects for cooperatives and perform project monitoring;
• Ensure project cooperation with other agricultural projects implemented at the moment in Afghanistan.
• Work closely with the Afghanistan Department of Agricultural Cooperative Development (DACD), to build the capacity of existing and new cooperatives and increase the DACD capacity to provide high quality technical assistance to these cooperatives;
• Participate in information gathering, impact evaluation and identification of lessons learned.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
It is imperative that qualified applicants have previous experience of working with agricultural cooperatives and possess additional qualifications outlined below:
• Advanced Degree in Horticulture, Agricultural Economics, Rural Finance or other related areas (preferably PhD);
• 5-10 years of experience in cooperative management and in the provision of training in the agriculture and rural sectors;
• Knowledge of Afghanistan and its agriculture is important;
• Experience in post-Soviet transition economies (Eastern Europe, Central Asia) is highly desired;
• Experience in working with a range of stakeholders that include the private sector, government, agribusiness cooperatives, and farmers’ associations.
• Proficiency in English and excellent writing skills are a must;
• French language skills are a big plus.
Qualified candidates are now invited to forward their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information about us, please visit http://www.flaginternational.com/.