Country Director- Zimbabwe
We particularly welcome applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabweans- either living in Zimbabwe currently, or in the diaspora.
Work base: Harare, Zimbabwe
Position details: 3 year fixed term contract
Salary: $52,800-$69,700 per annum net
Closing date: Friday 24 June 2011
* To lead Oxfam's work in Zimbabwe, managing the Country Leadership Team to deliver agreed results and to bring about change through Oxfam's strategic plan and influence.
* To work with the In- Country Affiliates and the Regional Centre (RC) to contribute to the design and delivery of Oxfam's programme within the region.
* To work with the Program Governance Group (PGG) to ensure the SMS benefits are realised in Zimbabwe (Impact/ cost efficiency/ brand risk managed)
Zimbabwe will go live to SMS in 2012
* Provides strategic leadership of Oxfam's program in country
* Accountable to the SAF PGG for the delivery, effective management and monitoring, evaluation and learning of the programme via consolidated annual plans and reports
* Holds the Implementing Affiliates to account for delivery of their part of the programme strategy and plan
* Chairs the Zimbabwe Country Leadership Team
* Takes the lead in representing Oxfam and country program within the country (including media and lobbying and advocacy work), the region and globally.
* Builds relationships and develops networks
* Analyses policy and the policy environment in Zimbabwe and its impact on the country programme
* Line manages the Managing Affiliate's work in the country: staff, budget, funding and the program delivered by the Managing Affiliate
* Ensures that Single Management Structure change activity is implemented successfully
* Works with the Country Leadership Team to ensure that minimum standards are met in the country: for program, program management, HR, finance, security, health and safety etc
* Co-ordinates with the Country Leadership team, to identify new funding sources and negotiate funding to support program implementation
* Ensures overall leadership of disaster preparedness, mitigation and management including humanitarian response activities for Category;2 & 3 emergencies
Skills and Competence
1. Senior management experience in leading the development, and ensuring the delivery, of program strategy, either through partners or directly, in one or more challenging locations,
2. Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically, including the ability to think beyond the country program context and to act within a regional and global framework
3. Ability to manage the development of, and contribute to, the high level analysis of factors driving poverty, marginalization and vulnerability in developing country contexts, including the ability to 'think politically' by understanding motivations, pressures and challenges faced by colleagues, partners and other actors
4. Experience in leading and motivating multi disciplinary, geographically remote teams; a high degree of self awareness and an understanding of how to drive and support excellent team performance and individual development
5. Experience of managing complex change processes and relationships involving a wide range of both internal and external multi-cultural stakeholders across a variety of disciplines and geographical areas
6. Experience in representing an organization with partners, government agencies, private sector organizations, and donors at senior level: locally, regionally and globally
7. An active commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of an organization's work
8. High level financial management skills to steer the operational budget
9. Experience of fundraising from diverse institutions, both local and international
10. Understanding of managing security and risk within an INGO context
11. Politically astute, with a good understanding of key external organisations, how they operate and make decisions within the current context of Zimbabwe. Ability to build strong, credible relationships with international and local NGOs, government associations, business leaders and communities
12. Good level of IT literacy and an understanding of how new developments in technology can positively contribute to the aims of an INGO
13. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence, and negotiate
14. Ability to speak English and ideally a working knowledge of the local language
* Strives to achieve results by setting and communicating goals and ensuring effective and appropriate decision making and problem solving.
* Ability to resolve complex problems and provide clear and effective communication and representation.
1. Outward behaviours
* Achieves results through working effectively with others and holding others to account. Communicates appropriately, encourages and develops others, providing feedback and adapting leadership style to bring about successful outcomes. Able to influence and manage multiple stakeholders.
2. Leadership behaviours
Motivating an developing others
Builds and strengthens internal culture by displaying self awareness and appropriate communication to set an example for others to follow
3. Inward behaviours
Applying for a job? Here is a guide to help you make the most out of the application process.
Vous postulez à un emploi? Voici un guide pour vous aider à profiter du processus d'application.
Quer candidatar-se a um emprego? Aqui está um guia que para o ajudar a simplificar o processo de candidatura.
Estas buscando un un trabajo? Aqui puedes encontrar una guia que te ayude a simplificar el proceso de solicitud!