UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Regional Development and Poverty Reduction, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment and Energy Management, with the overarching aim of improving human development in Indonesia. In addition to the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia also works on a variety of crosscutting initiatives such as HIV/AIDS, gender equality and information and communication technology for development
I. Organizational Context
The Aceh Government Transformation Programme (AGTP) addresses the urgent need to strengthen the capacity of Aceh's provincial government and ensure that it has the wherewithal to efficiently assume the responsibilities, functions, resources and assets it has inherited from the Aceh and Nias Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Body (BRR).
AGTP is designed to address critical gaps in the Aceh government's policy-making and technical capacity. The first gap lies in the Executive's capacity to coordinate the transition. The second gap lies in the technical capacity of the provincial and district government agencies to process assets and projects transferred from BRR, and to implement ongoing recovery work. The third gap is the administration's broader institutional capacity to coordinate and implement reconstruction and rehabilitation work beyond the transition.
The project has three outputs:
(1) Enhanced capacity of the Provincial Executive to create the institutional and policy framework for successful transition and recovery. This will provide the Provincial Executive with the ability to coordinate and facilitate the transition through a demand-driven approach to key transition policy areas. This output is based in the Governor's office.
(2) Enhanced operational capacity of key provincial government agencies (SKPA, Satuan Kerja Perangkat Daerah-Aceh) to effectively fulfill their transition and recovery responsibilities. This will provide immediate transitional support to the provincial agencies with the responsibilities for coordinating, planning, implementing and monitoring the main transition activities. This output is based in BKPP.
(3) Enhanced capacity of the Provincial Training & Human Resource Body (BKPP) to retain, manage and transfer to provincial and district government agencies the knowledge and skills required for successful transition and sustainable recovery. This will strengthen the province's ability to sustain the recovery, and thereby safeguard the legacy of the resources and effort invested in Aceh's social and physical reconstruction. This output is based in BKPP.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of National Programme Manager of Aceh Government Transformation Programme, the Output Coordinator (Institutional Capacity for Knowledge Retention, Management and Transfer) will be responsible to ensure timely implementation of activities of output 3.
S/he will serve the Project as the focal point for planning, monitoring and evaluation to ensure the responsibility for the oversight of (a) project implementation of project components; and (b) compliance to government and UNDP policies and procedure. The Output 3 Coordinator will also supervise and lead the Project Assistant.
S/he works in close collaboration with other project components of AGTP, and with the programme staff in the Governance Unit of UNDP Country Office and government officials, technical advisors and experts ensuring successful project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
* Implementation of programme strategies
* Management of the AGTP programme and Supervision of the Programme Team
* Creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy
* Provision of top quality advisory services to the Government and facilitation of knowledge building and management
1. Ensures implementation of strategic direction of the programme focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Building and maintain close cooperative relation with relevant stakeholder and partners in Aceh including but not limiting to provincial government agencies, the Dinas, Badan, civil and society organizations, academic institutions, media, development organizations, etc.
* Provide technical assistance and advice on governance reform to relevant stakeholders and partners in Aceh, particularly to Badan Kepegawaian Pelatihan dan Pendidikan (BKPP) and other Satuan Kerja Pemerintah Aceh (SKPA), as necessary.
* Conduct/participate in coordination meetings, forums and other relevant events in Aceh to be abreast of issues in discussion in enhancing institutional capacity for knowledge retention, management and transfer in the areas of UNDP supports.
2. Participates in effective management of the AGTP programme and supervision of the Programme team within the practice area specialization assigned focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the country programme achieving the following results:
* Strategic oversight of planning, budgeting, implementing and monitoring of the programme, tracking use of financial resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
* Effective monitoring, analysis of the programme environment, timely readjustment of the programme, and measuring the impact of the AGTP's technical assistance to SKPAs.
3. Supports creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Effective and efficient project implementation through strong partnership and coordination in provincial government agency (Dinas and Badan).
4. Provides top quality advisory services to the Government and ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues, particularly in government human resources (BKPP).
* Involve actively in policy-arrangement and inventory data collection in order to deliver knowledge product and lesson learned.
* Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
* Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
* Professional growth through active learning.
III. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency and effectiveness AGTP project Management, particularly in the delivery of Output 3 (Strengthened institutional capacity for sustainable knowledge retention, management and transfer). Project implementation in line with the objective of the project and UNDP rules, regulations and procedures is critical to ensure achievement of UNDP country programme outcomes. A client oriented and efficient approach has an impact on the image of UNDP Indonesia.
IV. Competencies and Critical Success Factors
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Level 1.2: Ppreparing information for advocacy
* Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP's mandate
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Level 1.2: Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
* Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
* Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
* Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
Building Strategic Partnerships
Levle 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
* Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
* Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Level 1.2: Enhancing processes or products
* Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
Level 1.2: Providing inputs to resource mobilization strategies
* Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual donors
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
* Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
* Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
* Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
* Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
* Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP's Goals
Level 1.2: Preparing information for global advocacy
* Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UNDP's goals for a variety of audiences
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships
* Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
* Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
* Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
* Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
* Self-development, initiative-taking
* Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
* Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
* Creating synergies through self-control
* Managing conflict
* Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing are the responsibility of each staff member.
* Informed and transparent decision making
Prince2 training and certification, RMG
Required Skills and Experience
V. Recruitment Qualifications
* Bachelor degree or Master's Degree or equivalent in business administration, public administration, economic, political or social sciences or related field.
* For Bachelor degree: six years of professional experience in decentralisation or related fields of work and hands-on experience in implementing development projects;
* For Master degree: two years of professional experience in decentralization or related fields of work and hands-on experience in implementing development projects;
* Experience in providing capacity building programme to local government;
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working on bureaucratic reform/decentralization is essential;
* Proven experience in translating needs into programme and project documents;
* Good analytical skills and presentation skills;
* Excellent contacts and network within Aceh and Jakarta at level of provincial and district government, central government, civil society and donor community; and
* Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems.
* Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE P11 FORM AND SUBMIT AS PART OF THEIR APPLICATION . Click here to down load the form P11
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
ATLAS No: 00063944
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.