About IPE Global Infrastructure Professionals Enterprise, Global (IPE Global) is a leading development and infrastructure sector consulting firm offering services in Health, Urban Infrastructure Development, Government and Public Sector (GAPS), education, Rural development and Environment and Climate Change areas. In these sectors, IPE Global provides end-to-end consulting services ranging from Governance and Capacity Building support, Economic and Financial Management, Programme Design and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social and Economic Empowerment, Information Communication Technology. Headquartered in Delhi, the Company has offices across India and representative offices in UK and Manila. The staff strength includes 200 full time professionals, 40 support staff and 300 empanelled consultants specializing in diverse disciplines including economics, accountancy, management, engineering, urban planning, health and nutrition, rural development, environment, sociology, anthropology, agriculture, development planning, architecture and information technology. IPE has successfully implemented over 300 projects in 20 countries across Asia, Middle East, Africa and Europe and has worked with over 500 government agencies across the world. IPE Global clients include multilateral and bilateral agencies such as the World Bank, DFID, ADB, UNDP, UNICEF, JICA, DANIDA, European Commission (EC), Africa Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF); national, state and local government; public sector undertakings (PSUs); and private sector organisations.
Job Description Programme Description
The Nutrition Improvement through Community Empowerment Project is being supported by advisory technical assistance (TA) designed to ensure effective monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Project. The TA aims to develop M&E systems to increase the results orientation of the Project by monitoring progress against project targets. The TA is to support overall capacity building for nutrition policy development and evidence-based planning and budgeting for nutrition programs, especially with regard to institutional development for nutrition policy, programs & surveillance and integrated nutrition services. The Executing Agency of the TA is the Ministry of Health through the Directorate of Community Nutrition, which is responsible for the overall TA implementation.
Impact and Output
The TA aims to develop M&E systems to increase results orientation by helping effective monitoring of the project targets, thus strengthening nutrition and evidence-based planning and budgeting for local nutrition programs. The output of the TA will be strengthened internal and external accountability to help prevent fraud, corruption, misuse of project funds, and delays in project implementation. Key issues of the proposed independent monitoring and evaluation TA will include (i) baseline, midterm, and final project evaluation; (ii) community-based monitoring; (iii) progress and performance monitoring; (iv) financial compliance monitoring; (v) institutional strengthening for sector performance evaluation; and (vi) comprehensive reports (bilingual) for all activities of the Project.
Financial Compliance Specialist will establish an effective financial management and reporting system and monitor financial controls compliance throughout project implementation. The primary focus will be on the utilization of the CNPs at the village level.
The consultant will assist the team leader in the
• Design of the financial controls required for loan funds utilization at all levels of the project taking into account ADB and Government regulations and requirements. Special emphasis will be placed on the financial controls associated with village-level utilization of CNPs and preparation of appropriate guidance manuals and checklists on standards of financial management and compliance.
These manuals should be appropriate for villages to use as reference guides and will include templates for basic book keeping and reporting on CNPs expenditures. Basic guidelines on acceptable procurement procedures will also be included. The specialist will assist the team leader in
• Designing the monitoring system with regard to financial compliance inputs;
• Developing the indicators for monitoring and addressing the quality and standard of outputs of specific activities;
• Developing and pre-testing the instruments in selected provinces, districts and villages and/or CNCS;
• Training financial staff of the CPMU, PPCUS, and DCIUS on monitoring financial management, auditing and reporting;
• Training community facilitators and CNC treasurers responsible to supervise community nutrition empowerment activities; and
• Preparing a checklist of standards of financial management and compliance.
• Master’s in Accounting/Finance/ Charted accountant/ Financial Economist and any other relevant area.
• A minimum of 10 years of post qualification work experience in financial management, auditing, reporting.
• Should have proven experience in financial compliance and monitoring and knowledge of financial control systems, fund management, etc.
• Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management programme and commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, and Power Point etc.
• Previous relevant experience of working with donor agencies like ADB , DFID, World Bank, etc
• Proven ability to work as part of a team.
• Capable of taking initiatives on their own with minimum level of supervision
• Excellent IT Skill and self-reliant in developing and formatting documents
• Uunderstanding and knowledge of the Child Development and Nutrition sector and experience of working on community health and nutrition programmes.
Financial Compliance Specialist Infrastructure Professionals Enterprise, Global (IPE Global)
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Last Date: April 25, 2011
Designation Financial Compliance Specialist Term 12 person-months, intermittent.Location Jakarta, Indonesia Travel Required Occasional travel to East Nusa Tenggara, West Nusa Tenggara, North Sumatra, South Sumatra, South Sulawesi, and West Kalimantan.
Reports To Team Leader
Deadline 25th April, 2011
Candidates interested in the position are encouraged to use the online application system available on www.ipeglobal.com
Alternatively CVs may be emailed to: email@example.com with name of the position clearly mentioned in the subject line.