To work closely with the Director of Confederation Development to develop fundraising collaboration amongst the Oxfam fundraising network with the objective of increasing confederation income growth and the effectiveness and efficiency of the confederation’s fundraising performance.
To promote fundraising capacity building initiatives between Oxfams and to ensure management information systems are in place across the confederation to promote information exchange and sharing of best practice (Oxfam International's Strategic Plan: internal change goal ‘Income Growth’).
1. Facilitate collaboration in marketing disciplines to enhance the fundraising capacities of affiliates based on best practice and innovation.
- Build the network of Oxfam fundraisers through use of internal communication tools such as the Oxfam extranet.
- Promote capacity building through skillshare workshops
- Help create and support virtual fundraising task groups
- Promote fundraising staff secondments and exchanges where opportunities arise
- Ad hoc fundraising advice and support to affiliates as requested
2. Lead and manage the development, maintenance and implementation of management information systems to advance marketing collaboration.
- Develop and promote marketing areas on the Oxfam extranet, for example to share data and market research
- Coordinate the benchmarking of fundraising data across affiliates
- Monitor affiliate income trends to track confederation income growth
- Develop systems to establish external peer benchmarking with other INGOs and track and report on global fundraising trends
3. Work with the Director of Confederation Development to offer marketing and fundraising consultancy support where appropriate to existing affiliates, and to prospective and emerging affiliates in new markets. Achieve consistent and continuous levels of input into supporting Oxfams with strategic marketing and tactical fundraising support either directly, or through bi-lateral affiliate agreements.
- Support to existing and growing Oxfams (for example, France, India, Mexico)
- Support to emerging Oxfams (for example, Brazil, Japan, Italy)
- Provide fundraising advice to the Fundraising Investment Group who manage the OI Investment Funds
4. Work with the Director of Confederation Development to support and coordinate global fundraising initiatives of Oxfam International.
- Support the development of global Oxfam fundraising products in line with the OI Income Growth Strategy
- Work with other Oxfam stakeholders to develop OI international fundraising partnerships
5. Together with the Director of Confederation Development, participate as required in OI project teams and working groups or external networking groups.
- Maintain relationships with international networking groups as appropriate, to benefit Oxfam International (competitor insight, qualitative benchmark data, and information exchange)
- Attend International Fundraising Congress as appropriate, and maintain Oxfam International relationship with Resource Alliance in order to leverage benefits (such as discounts for affiliate attendance, regional events, training courses, conferences)
- Develop and maintain relationships with key INGO consultants who may offer benefits/pro bono work to Oxfam affiliates
- Input and advise on impact of Oxfam’s Single Management Structure change process on fundraising delivery and ways of working
6. Monitor and manage own travel budget.
Key Working Relationships
The post reports to the Director of Confederation Development and is part of the OI Confederation Development team. S/he would work closely with affiliate fundraisers across the Oxfam network
- Good understanding of marketing techniques and their application by NGOs. Understanding of team roles and dynamics in small and large organizations
- Effective knowledge of direct marketing and other forms of fundraising, including institutional fundraising. Experience of developing fundraising partnerships an advantage
- Working knowledge of marketing management information systems. Market research experience an advantage
- Sound project management skills and ability to use own initiative essential
- Persuasive motivation and team-building skills. Effective networking and negotiation abilities. Informal leadership skills
- Training, coaching and mentoring experience an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a broad marketing/fundraising role, ideally at team leader level
- Marketing or fundraising qualification preferred (such as Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma in Marketing, Institute of Direct Marketing Diploma in Direct and Interactive Marketing, Institute of Fundraising Certificate in Fundraising Management)
- Numerate, with budget management experience
- Computer and internet literate, to include online content management skills
- Excellent communications skills in speech and writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential. Other language skills (French and/or Spanish in particular) highly desirable
- Awareness and sensitivity working with other cultures
- Ability to travel for maximum 6-8 weeks per year
To apply please send your CV (MS Word format) and covering email stating your interest in the position to email@example.com
The post holder must have the legal right to be employed in the UK.
Interview Date: 25th May 2011
Closing Date:5 May 2011, 17:00 BST (GMT +01:00) (GM +01:00)