|Location :||Jakarta, INDONESIA|
|Application Deadline :||26-Apr-11|
|Type of Contract :||Other|
|Post Level :||Other|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||12 months renewable|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||2 years assignment|
|THIS IS WORLD BANK POST, PLEASE SEND DIRECTLY APPLICATION IN LINE WITH APPLICATION PROCEDURE AS OUTLINED BELOW |
Senior Procurement Specialist
Job number : 110571
Department : EAPPR
Appt Type : 2-year Term, Local Hire
Open for external & internal applicants.
To view the complete terms of reference and information on how to apply, please go to this link www.worldbank.org/careers on Professional and Technical Staff Opportunities - Current Vacancies or Job Vacancies in www.worldbank.org/id
The World Bank Group is looking for a Senior Procurement Specialist to join our Jakarta-Based team. The Indonesia portfolio is one of the Bank’s largest and very diversified. It includes large infrastructure projects on power and geothermal, investment projects both at central and sub national level, development policy loans as well as one of the Bank’s largest community driven projects. The portfolio has also several “innovative” programs which have gained recognition Bank wide.The incumbent be part of a medium sized procurement team and will play a leadership and advisory role to clients and colleagues in handling complex procurement tasks and issues, which frequently cut across sectors and/or work units. He/she will employ appropriate methodologies for handling such tasks and/or issues; make significant contributions in evaluating and developing improvements to client’s procurement regulations/practices, including influencing the design, reform and establishment of national and sub national public procurement systems and strengthening of institutional capacity within client’s entities. The incumbent will play a substantive role in improving Bank procurement practices and approaches; generating as needed "concept notes" and best practices papers and developing innovative solutions to particularly difficult procurement and related issues; she/he will lead missions and supervise major projects as a technical expert. The incumbent is expected to develop and execute training modules on complex procurement topics; work independently under general direction of unit manager or equivalent, and guide and mentor more junior.
The incumbent will report to the Regional Procurement Manager in the World Bank Headquarters in Washington DC; for day-to-day activities, and shall work under the supervision of the Lead Procurement Specialist based in the Jakarta Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
|• Will be responsible carrying out the traditional role as procurement specialist for an assigned portfolio of projects, to include reviewing and handling the technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement at all stages of the project cycle, as well as analysis of systemic and other procurement issues, procurement planning and PAD drafting, implementation and management, and training. |
• The incumbent will participate in preparation and appraisal missions for the assigned portfolio of projects as sole procurement expert; assess procurement implications of project design, evaluate institutional capacity of borrowers, and develop suitable procurement plans. Other duties in that regard would include: o Negotiating and resolving difficult specific procurement issues with Borrower agencies during implementation; handles questions from senior officials and contractors on bidding and award issues; and documents complaints as per OPCPR procedures and provides information and opinion to the RPM and TTLs to handle complaints. o Supervising project procurement arrangements as a technical expert; organizes and conducting post-reviews in coordination with TTLs, reports in the standard regional format, and monitors follow-up actions; Works independently under general direction of the Regional Procurement Manager, and guides and mentors junior staff (both procurement and non-procurement staff) on all aspects of procurement under the Bank’s Procurement Guidelines and Consultant Guidelines.
• Conducts mandatory reviews of procurement documents and of the procurement aspects of various Bank documents, including PCDs, PADs, institutional procurement capacity assessments, procurement plans, procurement schedules, legal agreements, and contracts for goods, civil works and services within RPM thresholds, providing fiduciary clearances and guidance on complex procurement matters.
• Reviews and responds to procurement-related complaints from bidders.
• Reviews and handles mis-procurement cases.
• Reviews fraud and corruption investigations cases reported by bidders or by INT.
• Makes significant contributions in evaluating and developing improvements to borrower's procurement legislation, regulations and practices, including influencing the design, reform and establishment of national and sub-national public procurement systems, strengthening of institutional capacity within borrower entities and monitoring and reporting on the progress of procurement reforms.
• Plays a substantive role in improving Bank procurement practices and approaches; generates concept notes and best practices papers and develops innovative solutions to complex procurement and related issues.
• Develops training materials and delivers training events on procurement for Bank staff and borrowers.
• Interacts with Bank’s senior management, government officials and equivalent in other international
Impact of Results
The incumbent will play a substantive role in improving Bank procurement practices and approaches; generating as needed "concept notes" and best practices papers and developing innovative solutions to particularly difficult procurement and related issues; make significant contributions in evaluating and developing improvements to client’s procurement regulations/practices, including influencing the design, reform and establishment of national and subnational public procurement systems and strengthening of institutional capacity within client’s entities.
|• State-of-the-art knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices which govern international procurement, the contracting of consultant services, technical specifications in design, engineering and construction of facilities, the development of public procurement policies, etc..|
• Specialized knowledge of and significant experience in most major areas/aspects of procurement (e.g. commodities; finished goods; equipment; various forms of construction contracts; selection/contracting of consultant services; preparation of bidding/contract documents for international procurement of goods, works, services; technical specifications in design and construction of facilities; public procurement policies, practices, institutions in developed and/or developing countries).
• Knowledge of Bank business objectives, policies and practices related to project/sector and critical links to procurement is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of procurement systems, procedures and practices in Indonesia is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and negotiating skills with ability to balance project objectives and procurement requirements with client needs in discussing and resolving sensitive and difficult issues.
• Strong communication skills and negotiating skills and persuasiveness in presenting, discussing and resolving difficult issues, both orally and in writing.Experienced in leading a team of professionals in the execution of major projects.
Required Skills and Experience
| Education: Master’s degree or above with major relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Law, Procurement, Finance, Business, Commerce or Information Technology), |
Experience: Minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
Language Requirements: Strong command of English; knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is highly desirable.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.