Reports To: Senior Program and Evaluation Officer
Location: Washington DC
Posted On: 03/30/2011Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Program Design & Proposal Preparation:
- Seeks out innovative program opportunities and identifies key organizations that can contribute funding or to program implementation
- Performs outreach with peer organizations, potential partners and donors
- Designs programs and develops proposals for funding
- Provides technical assistance and support to local partner organization on issues related to program implementation and organizational management
- Executes work plan and makes modifications, as appropriate
- Ensures program deliverables per the workplan and in coordination with donors
- Recruits and manages the work of China program consultants and interns
- Monitors progress toward program goals and tracks program expenditures
- In conjunction with the China Grants Officer, reviews and approves the Chinese partner’s and sub-grantees’ narrative and financial reports, audit reports and grant revision requests
- Provides translation and English editing for reports and support documentation
- Conducts programmatic due diligence for EF’s partner organization and sub-grantees
- Creates standard operating procedures and compiles statistics, as needed
- Contributes materials to grant files
- Performs site visits and trains local partner’s staff on program management, financial management and reporting
- Prepares timely donor and internal reports, including reports to the EF board
- Closes out completed activities
- Assists in program evaluation and outcome reporting
EducationA graduate degree in a relevant field such as economics, political science, international affairs, or area studies.
ExperienceFive years work or study experience in China or Greater China region is required. Experience with technical assistance programs is required. Proven ability to leverage or raise funds for philanthropic purposes. Combination years of experience plus degree acceptable.
TravelApproximately 20% international travel is required.
OtherFluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency in Chinese and strong computer skills are required.
How to ApplyPlease e-mail or fax resume and cover letter to:
Attention: HR Department
1350 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20036
Fax ( U.S.): (202) 234-7377
No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in Eurasia Foundation.