OBJECTIVE: Lead the Education Division and the Graduate School, following policies and guidelines, in order to achieve the objectives established, in line with the institutional strategy and positioning CATIE as a recognized leader in this field. The position reports directly to the Director General.
Work location: CATIE Headquarters, Turrialba, Costa Rica.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
CATIE does not discriminate for gender, ethnic origin, age, or religious or political beliefs. Men and women will be considered under the same conditions for the position.
Work in an international and multicultural environment
• Doctorate degree in an area similar to CATIE’s academic offering, including agricultural sciences, natural resources and economics
• Training and experience in management: finances, budgeting and administration
• Experience in managing graduate education and training programs
• Experience in participation in academic coordination entities
• Experience in fundraising and negotiation of agreements for financial sustainability
• Experience in strategic and operational planning
• Fluency in English and Spanish
Located in Costa Rica, CATIE combines science, graduate education and technical cooperation. Its campus is located in a natural
area rich in biodiversity, where tranquility and safety ensure an excellent quality of life at the Center. Innovation, excellence,
service, integration and appreciation for diversity are part of the institution’s values, where professional growth, international outreach and multicultural exchanges are priorities
For further information, please visit www.catie.ac.cr