Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded project in Sri Lanka to assist the government in improving the management and efficiency of the legal system and expanding access to justice in conflict-affected and marginalized communities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Lead the project's technical direction and provide management oversight
• Serve as the primary liaison between USAID and national host-country counterparts
• Oversee project financial and administrative operations
• Supervise technical and administrative project staff and subcontractors
• Juris doctorate degree or equivalent required
• Minimum 10 years of chief of party or deputy chief of party experience on donor-funded justice sector and judicial training programs
• Experience in judicial administration reform or civil and criminal procedure reform in postcolonial common law systems
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders in local government and civil society
• Experience with technical program development in post-conflict environments
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Experience in south or southeast Asia preferred
• Fluency in English required; knowledge of Sinhala or Tamil a plus
Application Instructions: Send electronic submissions to SriLankaJustice@chemonics.com by June 10, 2011. No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.