Chemonics seeks a team leader to strengthen institutional capacities and performance under the ongoing USAID-funded Palestinian Health Sector Reform and Development (Flagship) project. The team leader will support the Palestinian health sector with a special emphasis on building confidence, promoting good governance and effective management practices, and improving the quality of clinical services in the Palestinian Authority's Ministry of Health. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Responsibilities include: initiate and manage institutional reforms that will enable the health sector to efficiently and effectively provide services in regulation, inspection, procurement, investment promotion, continuing medical education, and planning and policy formulation; and work closely with the Ministry of Health on strengthening policy for primary and secondary health care, health financing, and human resources development while improving access to and use of strategic data.
• Master's or doctoral degree in public health, public policy, health systems, health economics, or related field
• Minimum 10 years of developing country experience in advising highly complex health projects and providing technical assistance on key health systems, health policy, and program implementation issues
• Demonstrated experience working with high-level government officials and stakeholders in the health sector
• Expertise in developing continuing medical education programs within existing systems
• Experience with institutional capacity building, change management, and organizational development, preferably in higher performing developing countries
• USAID project implementation and Middle East experience preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in presenting complicated and difficult messages in a clear and concise manner
• Exceptional management experience required, preferably for complex activities involving the coordination of multiple program partner institutions
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• English language fluency required; Arabic language skill a plus
Application Instructions: Send electronic submissions to FlagshipISTL@chemonics.com by May 27, 2011. No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.www.chemonics.com