About the AllianceThe Alliance for a Healthier Generation was formed in 2005 after the American Heart Association and the William J. Clinton Foundation joined forces to create a healthier generation by addressing one of the nation's leading public health threats -- childhood obesity. Along with our co-leader Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger of California, the Alliance works to positively affect the places that can make a difference to a child's health: homes, schools, restaurants, doctor's offices and communities.
It is the goal of the Alliance to fill employment vacancies with the most qualified applicants, whether recruiting internally or externally. All Alliance open job positions will be posted externally on the Alliance website. Open positions will also be announced internally by the Operations Manager on a regular basis. Strong consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates. All internal candidates are required to notify their supervisor prior to applying for an internal position. All internal and external candidates must comply with application requirements. The hiring manager will communicate with all internal candidates in regards to the status of their applications.
Position Overview:Reporting to the Director of Development, the Associate Director of Development – Corporate Relations is responsible for soliciting, planning, coordinating, and managing corporate alliances with national corporations to support the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. The candidate will also be expected secure new corporations to engage in various cause marketing related campaigns. The Associate Director is also responsible for providing support to the growth and development of the Development Department. Specifically, the incumbent is charged with cultivating excellent and productive working relationships with Alliance co-workers across various initiatives and departments, volunteers, and potential funders to implement revenue generating campaigns and upgrade the Alliance's donor pipeline. Duties may also include assisting in the creation, editing, and research of grant proposals to further our development work with Foundations and Corporations. Additionally the Associate Director will create and launch a corporate employee contribution program as well as help coordinate a comprehensive stewardship plan.
- Proven experience in supporting the full spectrum of development including prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, gift solicitation, and sponsorship.
- Proven success at securing and developing cause marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated success at participating in the development of fundraising plans that incorporate a concise definition of goals, targeted audiences, and strategies in line with institutional goals in a dynamic and robust non-profit setting. Demonstrated experience in monitoring and forecasting budgetary needs in regards to marketing vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in the development and implementation of persuasive cultivation ideas and techniques for prospects and donors. Proven ability to provide critical analysis, using sound judgment with realistic expectations for prospects and donors.
- Experience with, and ability to develop and use, computer applications and capabilities to create and maintain databases, and produce correspondence, reports and tools for analysis and review (i.e. Microsoft Office suite). Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with fundraising databases.
- Demonstrated skill in researching and evaluating information, preparing concise, well-organized reports, summaries, correspondence, policy documents and personalized letters.
- Experience with drafting copy for mass communications including, email and direct mail content, as well as experience with creating and implementing complex communication pieces from concept to end product.
- Strong written and oral communication skills that demonstrate correct grammar usage, syntax, and format, with the ability too make oral presentations and/or interpreting various related programs to potential donors, while representing the Alliance initiatives and the mission of the Alliance for a Healthier Generation.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably 3 to 5 years of experience in a robust and dynamic non-profit setting.