Location: ArizonaAbout the Alliance: The Alliance for a Healthier Generation was formed in 2005 after the American Heart Association and the William J. Clinton Foundation joined forces to create a healthier generation by addressing one of the nation's leading public health threats -- childhood obesity. Along with our co-leader Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger of California, the Alliance works to positively affect the places that can make a difference to a child's health: homes, schools, restaurants, doctor's offices and communities.
The Healthy Schools Program is an initiative of the Alliance that supports schools in the development of healthier school environments and recognizes schools that succeed. The Healthy Schools Program supports more than 8,200 schools in all 50 states with an annual budget of $8 million per year.
It is the goal of the Alliance to fill employment vacancies with the most qualified applicants, whether recruiting internally or externally. All Alliance open job positions will be posted externally on the Alliance website. Open positions will also be announced internally by the Operations Manager on a regular basis. Strong consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates. All internal candidates are required to notify their supervisor prior to applying for an internal position. All internal and external candidates must comply with application requirements. The hiring manager will communicate with all internal candidates in regards to the status of their applications.
Relationship Managers will be responsible for overall management and implementation of the Healthy Schools Program in a specific state or region.
Responsibilities will include overseeing the recruitment of schools; delivery of direct technical assistance to schools; coordination of technical assistance needs with national Alliance staff; development, cultivation, and management of key relationships within target/recruited schools; hands-on guidance and support to key school champion(s) coordinating the implementation of the Healthy Schools initiative in their schools; and accountability for specific outcomes demonstrated by the schools.
Performance will be measured by progress of the schools in the defined geographic region.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recruit districts and schools into the Healthy Schools Program.
- Implement and manage the onsite delivery of the healthy schools program within an assigned region.
- Deliver workshops, technical assistance and virtual support to enrolled schools and districts to facilitate the implementation of the Healthy Schools Program.
- Manage direct and indirect technical assistance efforts and appropriate follow-up with larger national Healthy Schools and Alliance team.
- Cultivate and develop key relationships within the school health and childhood obesity prevention communities in assigned regions to ensure effective collaboration and brokering of state and local resources.
- Market the Healthy Schools Initiative, Network, and national school recognition program within their territory to key school and childhood obesity stakeholders through conferences, trainings, and publications.
- Report the program progress and results through formal and informal reporting procedures.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time, primarily in the defined territory.
College degree is required. The successful candidate is required to have good knowledge of the school environment and/or successful management and implementation of programs in schools or with youth. It is also desirable for the candidate to have some background in education or working with educators. Minimum of three years experience in general project management, school, public health or youth environment. Experience in developing and managing relationships with diverse groups/environments and individuals.
- Demonstrates a genuine interest and commitment to making kids’ lifestyles healthier
- Demonstrates ability to absorb new information rapidly
- Ability to assess and identify significant opportunities and potential problems in schools and develop feasible solutions
- Self driven, results oriented with a positive outlook
- Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner
- Focuses on key priorities
- Effectively juggles multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication. Must be an excellent face to face and telephone communicator
- Effectively delivers technical assistance and workshops to diverse audiences
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance