Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.
Our Greenhills and Line Creek Operations are both currently seeking an individual for the role of:
Journeyman Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, this role is responsible for the installation, calibration, repair and maintenance of all electronic process control field instrumentation in a modern coal processing environment.
• Install, calibrate, repair and maintain electronic process control field instrumentation
• Perform in a team-oriented environment of instrumentation and electrical peers
• Valid inter-provincial Instrumentation Mechanic Journeyman certification, may consider apprentices 2nd year or higher
• Experience in an industrial environment
• Experience with control systems, DCS and PLC experience would be a definite asset
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
Teck Coal is committed to a work life balance. When combined with the natural beauty and significant outdoor recreation offered in the Rocky Mountains of south eastern British Columbia our employment opportunities are truly unmatched.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically. To apply for this position, please click here.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.