Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.
Teck Metals Ltd. smelting and refining complex at Trail, B.C. is a highly complex smelting and refining operation that produces zinc, lead, copper, gold, silver, cadmium, bismuth, indium and other products. The diversity of the operations offers many challenging opportunities.
Trail Operations is currently seeking an individual in the role of:
Senior Safety Coordinator
Reporting to the Superintendent, Health & Safety, the Senior Safety Coordinator provides recommendations and direction in managing workplace health and safety issues and in the development and implementation of Health and Safety Management Systems
• Assist production, maintenance, support staff, and unionized workers in the implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and controls which meet applicable regulatory requirements and internal company standards
• Interact with numerous stakeholders, both internally and externally
• Multi-year technical diploma or university degree in the field of Occupational Health and Safety combined with four to ten years of relevant experience in a large unionized industrial setting
• Professional designation in Health and Safety
• Ability to work with a team
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with proven leadership abilities, superior verbal and written communication skills, and excellent organizational skills
Trail, situated in the West Kootenay region of southeastern B.C., boasts a moderate climate, reasonably priced housing, and a regional population of 30,000. Residents have access to excellent health care and medical facilities, first-rate schools and a regional college. This picturesque community also offers a wide range of outstanding indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities including golf, boating, fishing, hiking, camping and world class skiing, all at your doorstep. To learn more about the Greater Trail area visit www.southkootenay.com.
Teck Metals Ltd. is committed to employment equity and offers competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package including relocation assistance. Qualified individuals are encouraged to forward their resume by June 24, 2011 to email@example.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.