The Person and the Job
If you possess the status of a chartered accountant and are capable of providing financial advice and services in the areas of financial planning and analysis, then you could be the person we are looking for. This position reports to the Financial Controller but will directly undertake tasks for the Director, Finance and Administration (DFA). The Manager will oversee a small team in the provision of results-oriented services at the headquarters of the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) in Pelawatte, Battaramulla. You should have a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience, preferably in financial accounting and reporting, in a not-for-profit organization.
• prepare the Institute’s yearly operational and capital budgets;
• ongoing analysis of actual expenditures and ensure effective im plementation of full cost recovery;
• oversee and provide accurate and timely information to the mana gement for decision-making purposes, including monthly and
quarterly updates on financials, staff time utilization and ad hoc reports;
• assist in implementing improved internal controls and audit rec ommendations by developing and updating policies, manuals
and checklists; and
• assist the DFA in coordinating Institute-wide risk assessment f rameworks at regular intervals.
You must possess:
• chartered accountant status OR a degree in finance/accounting a nd business administration;
• at least 5 years’ work experience with excellent knowledge of M S Excel;
• outstanding service approach and service management skills;
• high level of personal organization, priority setting ability a nd strong interpersonal skills;
• excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• ability to effectively interact with a wide range of staff at a ll levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment; and
• commitment to teamwork, and strongly valuing the sharing of inf ormation and continuous improvement in a cooperative
You must know about:
• financial planning and analysis.
It would be useful if you had:
• extensive experience in financial accounting and reporting in a not-for-profit organization.
• complete the application form which is available at www.iwmi.or g/About_IWMI/Vacancies/
• attach a letter of application, which specifically addresses th e requirements outlined above and include the names and
addresses of three referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed.
• submit the application online.
This is a nationally recruited staff position and only Sri Lankan citizens are encouraged to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This includes transport and health insurance packages. IWMI’s policy is to appoint staff initially on three-year contracts which are subject to renewal, depending on performance and the Institute’s requirements.Closing Date: 05/06/2011
The International Water Management Institute (www.iwmi.org) is a non-profit, scientific organization engaged in research and capacity building activities for developing countries. Our mission is to overcome poverty through better management of land and water resources. Working with diverse partners and supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (www.cgiar.org), IWMI seeks to translate its research findings into actionable recommendations for policymakers, resource managers and poor rural communities. IWMI is based in Sri Lanka and has regional offices in 12 countries in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. IWMI is an equal opportunity employer and is keen to further diversify its staff in terms of both gender and nationality.