The Person and the Job
If you possess an intermediate qualification of ICSL/CIMA/ACCA and are capable of providing accurate and timely accounting and administrative support in the delivery of day-to-day accounting functions, you could be the person we are looking for. This position reports to the Accountant at the headquarters of the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) in Pelawatte, Battaramulla.
• maintain and update the SAP accounting system to ensure complete and accurate recording of all
• pass journal entries to charge costs among relevant budgets for internal and external charges;
• reconciliation of the general ledger balances to ensure accurac y and availability of supporting documents;
• update Cash Books in the SAP accounting system and reconcile wi th the bank statement in a timely and accurate manner;
• verify accuracy of expense claims, timely processing of payment s to vendors and updating the SAP accounting system;
• update and monitor the Consultancy Agreements and MOUs to ensur e processing of payments in a timely and accurate
You must possess:
• an intermediate qualification of ICSL/CIMA/ACCA;
• at least 5 years’ work experience in accounting;
• an ability to efficiently use accounting, word processing, data base management and spreadsheet software programs;
• good financial and accounting skills;
• good oral and written communication skills in English;
• ability to produce accurate financial documents/reports;
• ability to meet deadlines; and
• ability to effectively interact with a wide range of staff at a ll levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
It would be useful if you had:
• experience in SAP.
• complete the application form which is available at www.iwmi.or g/About_IWMI/Vacancies/
• attach a letter of application, which specifically addresses th e requirements outlined above and include the names and
addresses of three referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed.
• submit the application online.
This is a nationally recruited staff position and only Sri Lankan citizens are encouraged to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This includes transport and health insurance packages. IWMI’s policy is to appoint staff initially on three-year contracts which are subject to renewal, depending on performanc e and the Institute’s requirements.
The International Water Management Institute (www.iwmi.org) is a non-profit, scientific organization engaged in research and capacity building activities for developing countries. Our mission is to overcome poverty through better management of land and water resources. Working with diverse partners and supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (www.cgiar.org), IWMI seeks to translate its research findings into actionable recommendations for policymakers, resource managers and poor rural communities. IWMI is based in Sri Lanka and has regional offices in 12 countries in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. IWMI is an equal opportunity employer and is keen to further diversify its staff in terms of both gender and nationality