Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of:
Senior Mining Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role is responsible for working with a group of professionals to support the mining operations.
* Constantly maintaining and demonstrating Teck’s commitment to safety and environmental protection as a core value
* Meeting the Teck planning cycle requirements in producing mine plans and reserve and resource statements
* Working to optimize the overall production from the existing and future mines in conjunction with the marketing, permitting, environmental and business development groups
* Carrying out assessments and designs on current and future mining areas
* Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of British Columbia
* Minimum of six years experience and well-versed in all aspects of open pit mine engineering and qualified to prepare reserve and resource statements
* Provide final designs of pits, waste dumps, roads and other mining works
* Provide engineering support to the mining operations
* Provide mentorship to mining engineers in training throughout Teck Coal operations
Teck Coal offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Our organization is committed to work life balance and offers staff alternate work schedules such as an Earned Day Off schedule, making every second weekend three days long. When combined with the natural beauty and significant outdoor recreation offered in the Rocky Mountains of south eastern British Columbia our employment opportunities are truly unmatched.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically. To apply for this position, please click here.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.