Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of:
Reporting to the Processing Superintendent, this role is responsible for participating in optimizing plant performance through analyzing process results, performing process and lab tests as well as implementing the technological improvements and system changes.
• Monitor and evaluate the quality and quantity of coal plant production based on reliable assay information and production statistics
• Maximize process efficiency on an ongoing basis by monitoring performance of individual circuits/systems and recommending or implementing the corrective action
• Contribute to long range process and cost improvements
• Perform lab and process test work
• Participate in the production process by communicating with operations personnel
• Contribute to a safe working environment by following and implementing all Teck Coal health and safety principles
• Contribute to an environmentally sound processing system through the application of Teck Coal environmental controls and procedures
• Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgical or other related engineering discipline
• Coal processing experience would be considered an asset
• Minimum of 2 years related experience
Teck Coal offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Our organization is committed to work life balance and offers staff alternate work schedules such as an Earned Day Off schedule, making every second weekend three days long. When combined with the natural beauty and significant outdoor recreation offered in the Rocky Mountains of south eastern British Columbia our employment opportunities are truly unmatched.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically. To apply for this position, please click here.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.