The Program Manager, Human Capital Center will be responsible for leadership, management and strategic oversight of assigned HCC activities, as well as serve as the program’s budget manager. The Program Manager will advance HCC operations and ensure they achieve social impact, market traction, and financial sustainability. He/she will work with other leaders and staff on the global HCC team and within GF to develop and implement strategic solutions for both regional and global projects.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced human resources leader with extensive experience in building valued, strategic HCM functions, a deep commitment to Grameen Foundation’s social mission, strong startup mentality and agility to adapt to changing business needs and do whatever is needed to get the job done.
Availability and Location: The Program Manager will be based in Washington, DC. This individual will need to be available to work across different time zones and flexible to work occasionally in field conditions in the developing world. This individual is expected to work full time, 40 hour workweek plus whatever additional hours are necessary to get the job done. The position will require up to 25-30% international travel.
- Deliver world-class HCM consulting to enhance core HCC solutions and support implementation and sustainability of organization-wide change
- Manage all assigned HCC projects, including resource identification and allocation, and project measurement
- Develop and manage overall HCC budget
- Create annual operating plans and associated operating budgets for assigned projects and areas Develop case studies, white papers, blog posts to advance strategic HCM practice
- Manage development and pilots for assigned HCC products and services
- Manage and direct volunteer efforts on assigned projects and supervise the Atlas Fellow volunteer
- Develop and maintain relationships with MFIs and other industry players and drive exceptional client satisfaction
Successful Candidates Will Possess:
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Fluent in English; additional fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills including English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact successfully with a variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, judgment, and poise
- Ability to work on a collaborative basis across the organization
- Organizational and planning skills to prioritize and meet deadlines, work on multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills; able to apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems and develop solutions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in human resources, psychology, communications, business, public administration or related field
- A minimum of five years to eight years of proven professional experience in at least two human resources domains (e.g. talent acquisition and management, learning & development, rewards, HR planning), with experience in learning & development preferred.
- Must be fluent in English; additional fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Prior experience as a human resources leader with extensive experience in building valued, strategic HCM functions is highly desired.
Physical and Environmental Conditions: This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
Additional Comment: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this jobwww.grameenfoundation.org