A leader in corporate responsibility and sustainability since 1992, BSR works with its global network of more than 250 member companies to develop sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. With seven offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR uses its expertise in the environment, human rights, economic development, and governance and accountability to guide global companies toward creating a just and sustainable world. Visit www.bsr.org for more information.
The Advisory Services Manager will perform a wide range of duties to drive business development, deliver projects and assist in team management. With a strong consulting and business development background, the Manager will work with the Advisory Services team to create innovative solutions to achieve sustainability for BSR clients. This will include leading the China team to find and execute projects, as well as help grow BSR’s China presence and team. The position will report to the BSR Beijing Director and be based in the Beijing office.
· Contact potential clients and member companies to develop business opportunities, with a particular focus on consulting work.
· Create project proposals and carry through negotiations to contract signature.
· Work with BSR US and EU teams to create industry wide business development strategies and create/execute multi-national business opportunities.
· Build and maintain effective communication/relationship with member companies operating in the region.
· Deliver projects to the needs, expectations and timelines of the customer.
· Coordinate team capacity to properly manage multiple projects with different clients and industries.
· Work collaboratively with the project team, providing guidance, support or assistance as appropriate.
· Communicate pro-actively internally and externally re project needs, status, and updates
Collaborative Team Leadership
· Work with project team to build an effective business development and consulting team.
· Be a knowledge sharer.
· Be an enabler.
· Be a team player.
Other duties as required and assigned by the Director.
NOTE: Only candidates with these specific requirements will be considered:
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; Master's degree preferred (MBA, Masters in Public Policy, Masters of Environmental Science, etc.)
· 5-10 years of work experience in a consulting or business development role, preferably at least partly in China.
· Strong and demonstrable project management experience with a skill set in relevant project management tools.
· Strong writer in both English and Chinese and ability to translate complex issues into concise, relevant stories; very good analytical skills.
· Consulting experience and/or proven ability to perform the key functions of a consultant, including: developing and maintaining client relationships; pursuing and creating business opportunities; and managing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
· Corporate experience; the ideal candidate would offer a combination of consulting experience and corporate-level experience interacting with multinational company personnel. Experience in a conglomerate environment is desirable.
· Well-developed leadership and people skills, including a demonstrated ability to enhance the skills and effectiveness of other team members.
· Excellent verbal, written, and facilitation skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
· Willingness to undertake business travel.
· Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
· High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of Leadership, Respect and IntegrityMore Information and Application Details