Under the direction of the Programme Manager for the Mediterranean Region, the Programme Officer will support the smooth functioning of all aspects of the Mediterranean programme and oversee a portfolio of projects for the Balkans. The position will require frequent travel in the Mediterranean Basin.
Education and experience:
- Masters degree in relevant field of study (e.g. conservation biology, environmental management, sustainable development)
- At least 5 years hands‐on experience working in conservation field projects in the Mediterranean
- Experience working internationally and across cultures required. Experience in the Balkans desirable
- Experience in project design and implementation.
Skills and Attitude:
- Analytical, discerning and able to absorb and synthesize new information rapidly
- Strong ability to present written arguments, good listening, facilitation and communications skills
- Able to adapt quickly to new situations, excellent team player
- Excellent command of French and English mandatory. Other Mediterranean languages desirable especially Serbo‐Croatian or Arabic
- Sensitivity to Mediterranean cultures and politics
- Strong motivation in relation to nature conservation.
Interested candidates should send their application and CV along with the names and contact
details of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 June 2011.
Applicants selected for interview will be contacted within one week of the closing date. Interviews
will be conducted in Switzerland in the week of July 11th.
Full terms of reference are available at www.fondationmava.org