Vacancy for General Manager Fund Raising & Communications
The Chanrai Group is one of the most respected expatriate groups in Nigeria and has presence in Nigeria for more than 100 years in manufacturing, trading, financial investments and development.
The Chanrai Group is looking for a fund raising position for the development organization – Tulsi Chanrai Foundation with the objective of generating funds for all the running programs and funds for supporting the future projects in line with the mission of the Foundation.
Position : General Manager – Fund Raising and Communications.
Reporting to: CEO of the Foundation
Location : Abuja
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspiring new Donors to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing Donors;
• Developing new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which will be events-based;
• Raising awareness of the charity and its work, at both the local and national level - this may involve giving talks to groups or dealing with the media;
• Developing and coordinating web-based fundraising, online auctions and merchandise sales;
• Working with all forms of media, and producing supporting materials such as posters, websites and newsletters to promote, market and advertise forthcoming events;
• Increasing funds by researching and targeting organisations whose criteria match the charity's aims and activities;
• Overseeing corporate fundraising, including employee giving and matched giving from employers;
• Managing and updating databases to record donor contact and preference information;
• Preparing mail-shots and correspondence;
• Writing applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a wide range of potential and current donors;
• Making risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort upon the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
• Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising techniques required.
• Demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing at appropriate levels for varied proposal development.
• Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporations and foundations.
• Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential.
• Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
• Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors, and interact via telephone and in person with institutional representatives.
• Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
• Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations, foundations.
Education and Experience:
• A Master’s degree, and a minimum 5-7 years demonstrated successful corporate and/or foundation fundraising experience preferably in Healthcare and Developmental Sector (or a comparably complex organization).