Senior Environmental Planner
Cardno is an integrated professional services provider, delivering specialist advice to create or improve physical and social infrastructure that underpins communities around the globe. Our team is comprised of leading advisors who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and programs.
Cardno’s Wollongong office is a multi discipline multidisciplinary engineering consultancy built on a strong a reputation of over 30 years in the areas of Civil Infrastructure and Transportation; Urban Development; Planning; Environmental; Stormwater; Flooding and Heavy Industry.
Wollongong is a thriving city - the ninth largest in Australia. The city boasts an impressive array of services and facilities nestled in a unique setting between the escarpment and the beaches. It has a distinct regional feel, yet is just over an hour from Sydney. In Wollongong you get the best of both worlds!
Cardno’s Wollongong office is seeking a Senior Environmental Planner with about 10 years experience to work on a diverse range of projects ranging from heavy industry and mining to major urban land releases.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* Approximately 10 years experience - preferably in New South Wales
* ·Recognised tertiary qualifications in Planning, Environmental Science or related disciplines
* A good working understanding of Commonwealth/State environmental planning laws, processes and procedures
* Ability to write technical reports, prepare tenders and proposals
* Sound written and oral communication skills that will assist in maintaining positive relationships when liaising with staff and clients
* Willingness to be flexible and undertake a range of roles and duties
* Experience in leading and managing design projects as well as a mentoring a team
You will be asked to undertake the following key responsibilities:
* Coordinate and prepare designs and documentation for engineering projects
* Liaise with local councils and other authorities to complement the preparation of designs and approval processes
* Assist, lead and advise team members to collaboratively be involved in the design process
* Research design and present a range of projects to local and state authorities as well as the community
* Ensure that company and client deadlines, commitments and expectations are managed appropriately in the given time frame and budget
You will need to be a motivated and proven performer who is proactive with their work and will assist in expanding and empowering your team to deliver high quality projects and services to our existing and new clients.
This is a full-time position in Wollongong with an attractive salary package that will be developed based on individual qualifications and experience that will allow you to work within a professional and stable team.
A career at Cardno gives you options. Cardno offers the opportunity for eligible staff to share in the business’ success through share scheme. Our business is diverse and so are our projects. Join Cardno to help shape our future.
If you require further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Connie Carson our Human Resources Department for a confidential discussion on +61 2 9496 7700 or email a copy of your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Email: Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.