Fundación Capital is a regional non-profit organization whose mission is to reduce poverty through the design, management, and implementation of innovative projectsthat reinforce low-income families’ ability to generate and maintain their human, productive, and financial assets. In particular, Fundación Capital works to expand and improve access to formal financial services and design instruments that enable productive investment. The Foundation began its activities in 2007 and is focused primarily on Latin America and the Caribbean.
About the position:
Fundación Capital is seeking a full-time specialist to be part of a team that will support its “Graduation Project” in the design of innovative public policy model for families in extreme poverty in Colombia. The specialist will support the process of improvement of public policy for the reduction of extreme poverty in Colombia (Graduation), as well as the design, testing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of innovative pilots for families in extreme poverty, based on the adaptation of successful experiences in Colombia and other countries. Furthermore, the specialist will support the knowledge management process, including the coordination of a regional Graduation Working Group. The Graduation Project encompasses numerous intervention elements, such as linking consumption smoothing, social protection, financial inclusion and popular savings mobilization, income generation and training, and asset protection.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Generate inputs for the improvement of Colombia’s public policy related to extreme poverty reduction, and for the design, jointly with the Government of Colombia, of pilot projects that will enable the graduation of Colombian families living in extreme poverty.
· Support the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the proposed graduation model and pilots.
· Support graduation knowledge management activities, mainly through the creation and animation of a Graduation Working Group at the regional level.
· Master's degree in economics, public administration, finance, or related areas.
· Professional experience of at least eight (8) years in the area of ??social development, poverty alleviation, microfinance and/or related areas.
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills. Knowledge of other communication media such as videos, blogs, will be considered an asset.
· Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods and field work experience.
· Fluency in Spanish and English. Full professional proficiency in Spanish is required.
· Excellent interpersonal relations. Listening skills and teamwork.
· Availability to travel inside and outside of Colombia and work in the field up to 50% of the time.
Those interested should send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com, with the subject line: “Specialist in Extreme Poverty Reduction” before January 15, 2012. Please include salary expectations and availability.