Please be aware that you cannot save your application pages once you have started. Please make sure that you have prepared your CV and cover letter and any Job Specific questions included in this advert, before you start.
Salary £16,400 - £20,500 per annum
We are looking for an AAT (or similar) qualified or part qualified Financial Accounts Assistant to step into this challenging and exciting role within a busy and vibrant department. Ideally you will have experience of working within a large organization up to trial balance level and be comfortable with complex reconciliations. Attention to detail is a must.
As part of the Finance and Risk team you will be reporting to the Financial Accountant and your role will be to:
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records together with an understanding of providing an adequate audit trail
- Administer the Purchase Ledger including processing of all invoices, expenses and weekly BACS payments
- Maintain effective working relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders, ensuring suppliers are paid within agreed terms and disputed invoices are cleared in a timely manner
- Manage foreign currency for employees travelling abroad and reconcile expenses against advances
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash
- Perform the Bank Reconciliation for the main World Vision bank account.
- Process inward and outward Settlement Advices and assist with the reconciliation of Inter-Company Accounts with WVI and the National Offices.
- Assist with the Year End audit, project work and ad hoc duties
To be successful in the role, you will need to understand the importance of strong processes and controls, have proven numeracy and literacy skills, and possess a relevant accountancy qualification (AAT or similar) or be part qualified. You will need to be a flexible team player and have experience of working efficiently with minimal supervision.
In return, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits, plenty of scope for personal and professional development – and the unique satisfaction of changing countless lives for the better.
To find out how you can start to use your skills and experience to really make a difference, click here to view the job description. To apply for this post, click on ‘To Apply’ – you will need to complete an online application form, upload your CV, and your covering letter including your answers to the following 4 job specific questions:
Question 1: From what you know of the job you are applying for, what do you think would be the biggest ‘stretch’ areas for you and where you would envisage experiencing the steepest learning curve?
Question 2: Please outline your experience in maintaining a purchase ledger system. How would you ensure invoices were logged, posted and paid in a timely manner?
Question 3: What are the key financial controls you would expect to see in place around petty cash?
Question 4: How would you ensure World Vision maintains good supplier relations?
Closing Date: Monday 30th May 2011 (11.00 pm)
More Information and Application Detail