Please be aware that you cannot save your application pages once you have started. Please make sure that you have prepared your CV and cover letter and any Job Specific questions included in this advert, before you start.
Senior Emergencies Officer
Salary: £ 31,947 to £37,405 per annum
Based in Milton Keynes with regular travel
World Vision UK has an exciting opportunity for an experienced humanitarian manager to provide leadership and support to World Vision International and World Vision UK Humanitarian & Emergency Affairs (HEA) teams in preparedness and response to humanitarian emergencies.
You will have a leading role in World Vision UK’s HEA programmatic response to emergencies and be the line manager for 2 Emergencies Officers. You will also develop relations with other humanitarian NGOs and UK think tanks.
To bring the leadership and expertise we are seeking for this role you are likely to:
- Have a degree in a relevant discipline, significant experience in the humanitarian industry and management experience.
- Have an excellent understanding of humanitarian & development theory and competence in assessment, design & project cycle management for multi sector programmes in large complex & rapid on set emergencies.
- Have ability to see the ‘big picture’ while ensuring the detail is delivered to a high quality standard.
- Be effective in building relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Be comfortable in operating in stressful, complex environments, and able to integrate effectively in diverse cultural contexts.
If you are ready for this challenge and passionate about bringing real change to children in developing countries, we’d love to hear from you!
To find out how you can start to use your skills and experience to really make a difference, click here to view the full job description. To apply for this role, click on ‘To Apply’. You'll need to upload your CV and a covering letter. Please answer the following questions within your covering letter:
Question 1: The role requires both a strategic and practical approach to acquiring funding opportunities and proposal writing during a humanitarian emergency. Please tell us of your experience in achieving this.
Question 2: The role requires strong interpersonal skills to influence, support and lead colleagues outside of your line management, sometimes in stressful situations. Please tell us of a time when you have had to use these skills to do this?
Question 3: Looking at the Job Description, what do you think would be the steepest learning curve for you if you took on this role?
Question 4: Looking at the core capabilities on the attached job description, please outline briefly how your experience fits with the requirements of the job description?
It is vital to answer these job specific questions for us to be able to consider your application.
We can only consider candidates eligible to work in the UK.
Closing date: 30th May 2011 (11pm)