Closing Date: Jun 30, 2011Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of:
Mining Engineers in Training (EIT)
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, this role is responsible for working with a group of professionals to support the mining operations.
* Constantly maintaining and demonstrating Teck’s commitment to safety and environmental protection as a core value
* Working on a wide range of mine planning and design as well as development activities such as economic evaluation and productivity analysis
* Carrying out assessments through geological interpretation and geotechnical design
* Involved with drill and blast engineering; providing engineering support to the mining operations
* Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering
* Working toward Professional Engineer status
* 1 - 4 years previous work experience in a mining environment; previous experience in open pit, truck and shovel operations an asset
* Strong computer skills in mining related software
* Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Teck Coal offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Our organization is committed to work life balance and offers staff alternate work schedules such as an Earned Day Off schedule, making every second weekend three days long. When combined with the natural beauty and significant outdoor recreation offered in the Rocky Mountains of south eastern British Columbia and west central Alberta, our employment opportunities are truly unmatched.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically. To apply for this position, please click here.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information