Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of:
Materials Management Coordinator
reporting to the Superintendent of Materials Management.
• Provide leadership to the Materials group.
• Set objectives and performance targets.
• Plan, initiate and coordinate the procurement and inventory management of materials.
• Manage warehousing, material inventory, and inbound logistics and ensure a high level of service.
• Ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
• Several years experience in warehousing operations, inventory management and logistics.
• Leadership, administrative and organizational skills.
• 5-7 years of supervisory experience.
• 4 year College Degree preferred.
Red Dog Mine, located in NW Alaska, is a modern, technically challenging open pit mine, mill and port facility. It is a remote, but modern and well-equipped fly-in fly-out operation that provides free room and board for employees, and regular transportation to and from the point of hire. Rotation schedule will be required to maintain a close working relationship with the mine, maintenance and metallurgical departments to meet overall operating objectives.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward a cover letter and resume to Rdjobs@teck.com before June 30, 2011.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.