Closing date: 14 May 2011General Description of the Role The main function of this position is to advance the implementation of GOAL’s financial policies and procedures in all its field offices, of which each office should be visited at least once annually. This position will work in tandem with another RFC, both positions report into the CFO, who co-ordinates the schedule of missions. The RFCs work alongside GOAL’s Internal Auditor and the Roving Donor Compliance Officer on areas of compliance, donor regulations, guidelines and policies. The RFC will provide technical support to field Financial Controllers, provide training to finance and non-finance staff in country and further ensure that all recommendations reported on previous visits have been acted upon in accordance with agreed timeframes. The role will also entail acting as an emergency financial management resource.
Responsibilities 1. Support & Monitoring Visits a. Undertake support and monitoring visits to GOAL field offices. Visits to GOAL field offices should be coordinated with the Internal Audit function.
b. Terms of reference completed for each field office visit. Discussed and agreed with the Country Director, with a final trip report produced with recommendations and action points. c. Provide training to staff during a country visit. d. Visit country field offices to review finance functions e. Provide assistance in the event of an upcoming donor audit. f. Provide cover to fields in the event of a significant gap with the Financial Controller position.
- Standardisation of GOAL Finance Policies & Procedures a. Review key finance processes with a view of increasing their efficiency and effectiveness, developing them with head office and field finance controller input. b. Review current Finance manual and all associated appendices further enhancing standardisation and development in existing policies and procedures.
- Technical Support to Field Financial Controllers a. Provide technical support in relation to GOAL finance policies and procedures via support and monitoring visits or remote support. Key areas include: i. Technical support on Donor financial requirements, budget development and all subsequent reporting. ii. Technical support on expatriate costs and all cost allocations. iii. Technical support in relation to Sage and subsequent upgrades. iv. Technical support in relation to finance procedures of local NGO partners.
- Co-ordination of activities and support with other Technical team members a. Work with other technical team members including the Internal auditor, Donor compliance and Logistics to ensure: i. Consistency of application of policies and procedures ii. Work on policy development and implementation issues relating to cross-over areas iii. Follow up as required on issues they request during country support and monitoring visits.
- Emergency Response a. Be available to travel to Emergency situations, at immediate notice, to assist in the initial office set up and oversee implementation and compliance with GOAL financial systems. b. Assist with developing donor budgets and providing financial advice to Emergency Response Team.
- Ad-hoc tasks a. Support to Chief Financial Officer and the Internal Audit and Donor Compliance functions when required. b. Undertake ad hoc finance and non-finance tasks as required.
Please send CV & covering letter to email@example.com