Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Juba, South Sudan - The Program Development Officer will serve as a liaison between Samaritan’s Purse (SP) and Government/Non-Government authorities for collaborative programming on behalf of SP. Incumbent will write concept papers, proposals and project summaries and work with the Country Director (CD), Program Managers, and Finance Officer to develop proposal budgets.
• Liaison between SP and Governmental/Non Governmental authorities for collaborative programming on behalf of SP, including participating in applicable cluster meetings
• Monitor and be aware of upcoming agency “calls for proposals” and proactively inform the Country Directors and Regional Director of upcoming opportunities
• Write concept papers, proposals, and project summaries in support of the CD
• Work with the CD, Program Managers, and Finance Officer to develop proposal budgets, project timelines and logs frames
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of quarterly program activities
• Coordinate assessments and conduct field visits in order to collect and verify data
• Analyze data and background materials in order to provide guidance and support to Program Managers and key decision makers
• Developing and utilizing tools, templates and work processes that result in streamlined and efficient proposal teamwork
• Maintain base line data of social indicators and digital library
• Research and propose best practices in development programs and NGO operations
• Oversee updates of SP database that captures project details and geographical coverage of activities
• Provide surge capacity and assume additional responsibilities in the event of a natural disaster or crisis
• Assist the CD with various program activities as needed and when not directly engaged in Program Development activities
• Assist the CD with strategic planning and the implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of newly funded programs
• Keep the Regional Director and CD informed of project status, information, needs, and concerns. Provide and maintain a monthly project tracking and status report on all assigned programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Develop tools to allow Program Manager’s to track Monitoring & Evaluation for each grantor
• Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience working For INGO preferably in Africa
• 3 years experience in grants/contracts management
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of donor requirements especially (USAID, OFDA, CIDA, CHF, ECHO etc.)
• Ability to understand financial reports and analyze financial variances
• Ability to coordinate both financial and programmatic functions of grant management
• Strong skills in analytical and strategic thinking
• Proven experience in database development and management
• Good quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
Length of contract: 12 months
Target date to the field: September 2011
Open until filled
To apply: please go to https://jobs.samaritanspurse.org/ to complete an online application. You may also contact Rebecca Jane Cooper at email@example.com with questions.